A very special friend, a great encourager in my life, shared this with me. It's from a book she's been reading called "With Love from a Mother's Heart."
We would all do well to learn and apply these Rules of Contentment written by E. B. Pusey in the 1800's...
1. Allow thyself to complain of nothing, not even of the weather.
2. Never picture thyself under any circumstances in which thou art not.
3. Never compare thine own lot with that of another.
4. Never allow thyself to dwell on the wish that this or that had been, or were, otherwise than it was, or is. God Almighty loves thee better and more wisely than thou dost thyself.
5. Never dwell on the morrow. Remember that it is God’s, not thine. The heaviest part of sorrow often is looking forward to it. “The Lord will provide.”

~~~~~
Heavenly Father, please forgive my discontent and ungratefulness. May I learn to trust You more. May I remember that all things do indeed come from Your loving hands and that Your provision is always sufficient. I believe that with my whole heart, but sometimes I "forget to remember."
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Rules of Contentment
Labels:
Christianity,
encouragement
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Thanks for encouraging me to not forget to remember! Love that!
Now thou must get to thee bed for the morrow holds much activity for thee wee ones!
Whew I'm so glad the pronouns have changed in the last hundred years! ;)
Post a Comment