Monday, April 28, 2008

Elisabeth Elliot on Interruptions, Delays and Inconveniences

Do you know Elisabeth Elliot? She's an impressive Christian woman who always has wonderfully inspiring things to share. She has a way of putting day-to-day life into proper perspective.


Kristy at The Homemaker's Cottage has this to share from Mrs. Elliot concerning Interruptions, Delays and Inconveniences from her book Keep a Quiet Heart.



I so agree with what Kristy says, "Often what we view as an interruption or inconvenience is nothing less than God's will unfolding in our other-wise planned day; sometimes to let us reach out to someone in need, other times to teach us a thing or two about letting God be God- even in the small things."
~~~~~
Lord, I know nothing happens to me that doesn't first flow through Your loving hands. May I trust You with the "insignificant" day-to-day occurrences in my life, Father. And instead of getting frustrated that things aren't going according to my plans, may I remember that Your ways are always higher than my ways and respond with a heart of gratitude.

1 comment:

a portland granny said...

I'll answer your first question in this blog. Yes, I know Elizabeth Elliot. We call her "Betty". I knew Jim better. You might be interested in a blog I wrote about memories of Jim Elliot.

Your blog looks interesting. I shall return--tonight I'm too tired, but I so enjoy exploring new blogs that I come across.

Looking forward to hearing more about you and your family.