Saturday, April 26, 2008

M-O-Ms Need Energy

You probably think I've dropped off the face of the earth, but that's not entirely true. Bright (well, I guess it was really still dark) and EARLY (very... shortly after 4:30) Tuesday morning my sweet hubby and I headed off to the hospital. I had an appointment to meet my ENT doctor there... for some surgery. There were all kinds of wonderful medical terms written on that paper I signed about what they were going to do to me, but it all boils down to this... he's opened up my sinuses and fixed my deviated septum. I'm hoping that means I'm going to be breathing lots better, avoiding continual sinus infections and maybe even regaining some energy.

At the moment I'm still in recovery mode. The pain isn't too bad, more discomfort at this point. I'm told that should all go away very soon, though. What I am struggling with is the fatigue factor. I'm sure the medications are contributing, but I really am dragging... and kind of weak... and my brain's fuzzy. Well, I know that last part isn't really anything new, but I think it may be a bit worse than normal.

Anyway, that's why I haven't been on the computer much recently, and I certainly haven't attempted to create a blog post because I haven't had the energy to sit at my desk for any length of time.

So, just to let you know I'm at least still living, and that I'm thinking about you, here's a little video that I ran across on another blog that made me smile. If it's too cheesy, please forgive me and just blame it on my medications.



Oh, and you really do need to watch it til the end even though it's repetitive. :)

~~~~~

Lord, thank you for your protection on me this week. Thank you for answered prayer as You guided the hands of my physician. Thank you for my precious husband and children who have served me without complaint this week. May the healing soon be complete. And Father, it's really my desire to have more energy because I have so many things I want to do... things I feel You've called me to. It takes energy to be a good wife and a mommy. May I trust You to be all sufficient for me.

1 comment:

fivejs said...

Sandy, You won my blog facelift giveaway, and I sent you an email about it, but haven't heard back yet! Drop me a line ASAP. I'll extend the 24-hour deadline for responding if I hear from you soon!

Joy @ http://fivejs.wordpress.com