A dear friend of mine recently sent this to me via e-mail. I found it encouraging and wanted to pass it on.
----------------------------------~*~*~*~*~------------------------------------
It's called discipline. The world could use more people like this lady...
Looks like Mama is going to make him stand out there for a long time!
Ought to be a pretty good lesson, one not easily forgotten!
He doesn't look very happy.
Now this is a seriously strict mom ....

Don't mess with her....

----------------------------------~*~*~*~*~------------------------------------
We need more people like her. My suspicion is that this young man is going to turn out all right, and he'll have his mom to thank for it.
YOU GO MOM !!!
Some people may see this as "child abuse" or "cruelty to children." I happen to believe that this mom loves her son immensely and wants only the best for him. She believes in him and wants to help him grow to be an honest, responsible man.
~~~~~~
Lord, parenting really is hard work. Each child is unique with his own bents and needs. What works for one may not work so well with another. Father, You know each of my children so much better than I know them myself. May I diligently seek the wisdom, energy, creativity and COURAGE to do what it takes to train my children to love and serve You with their whole hearts.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Mama Ain't Playin'
Labels:
children,
encouragement,
family,
home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Wow, what a great mom she is!
I love your prayer at the end. Each of our children require such different techniques at times...I echo your prayer for creativity and courage. On our marriage retreat the speaker said to pray for God to catch your children in their sin. I had never thought of that before, but it makes sense. When our children are away from us and if they sin, may the Lord catch 'em and convict 'em out of His great love for them and may it lead to godly sorrow and repentance in their lives!
Wow! I hope if God ever blesses me with children that I'm a mom like this. I also pray that He will draw them into a close personal relationship with Him.
Post a Comment