Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wake Up and Smell the Coffee!

I don't really like coffee. I usually don't even care for the smell of it. Many of my children, on the other hand...

Patrick has been staying with us a couple of days while Mommy & Daddy were at the hospital with his brand new sister. While I was at the hospital with the new (again) parents, we had a discussion about Patrick and the fun things he's been doing at Grandma's house. One of his "jobs" while he's here is to help Uncle Micah make coffee.

Daniel told me he'll often go into Patrick's room in the morning when he's waking up. A cheerful "Good morning!" from Dad is often followed by a similar cheerful response from Patrick, "Good morning!" which is then generally followed by "Make coffee?" They have an entire routine they go through as they work together to make the coffee.

So this morning at Grandma's house I did my best to photograph as much of the process as I could.


You've gotta smell it first.



Wait patiently while the grinder does its thing.


Once the water and coffee are where they're supposed to go, you've got to push the button.


Uncle Micah makes sure we get it right.



Do you want some coffee?
__________
.
I'm sure his Starbucks daddy is proud!
.
Thank you, Lord, for the little bright spots in my day. Thank you for the joy of family. And thank you for continuing to bless our family with little ones. They are so much fun!

2 comments:

Jen in Al said...

Sandy, i just absolutely love your blog!!! i am so happy you are doing this! i especially love your precious prayers at the end of each post. what an incredible way to keep the focus where it should be! thank you. i would definitely count this a titus 2 ministry to the whole blogging world! thank you!
bunches of love,
jen
p.s. Patrick is just too cute! what a good helper. does he also get to partake the fruit of his labors?:)

The Ferrill's said...

Oh how fun! It looks like Patrick is enjoying his time at your home just as much as you are!