I've just been checking in on a friend's blog. She has four little people and lots of fun stories. Lately she's had more than one post of the cute misinterpretations children have of songs... which I've enjoyed tremendously. We don't have much of that kind of thing happening around here any more as our children are getting a little older (or so I thought).
Just imagine my surprise when...
Within 5 minutes of reading LL's last post about recent misinterpretations, one of my sweet daughters shows up beside my computer, posing a great theological problem to her mom. The conversation went something like this...
Sweet Daughter: "Mom, what are salt feet???"
Mom: "Mmmm... salt feet?"
SD: "Yes, the girl on the tape keeps singing, 'I have sal-alt feet, I have sal-alt feet..."
Mom: Quickly recognizing the tune she was singing, I replied with a big grin, "Oh, she's singing, 'I exa-alt Thee, I exa-alt Thee..."
"I exa-alt Thee, O Lord!!!" Lord, thank you for the sweet moments in the day. As I'm busy going about my business, may I not fail to see You in the precious innocence of my children. And may I not be so busy that I forget to smile.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Salt Feet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
super cute. maybe she's mixing her theological metaphors: "salt of the earth" and "beautiful are the feet..."
precious!!!!!!!!!!!!
this reminds me to keep praise music going more often as we work/play/etc!
What a great teaching moment and what a reminder for you and all of us to Exalt God at all times.
You are blessed and highly favored by God and those who love you.
Glad to see you here Sandy!
I look forward to the updating on how your family is doing!
Good job finding out where she heard it before explaining! I would've gone into something about Lot's wife :S
Blesings from CA!
Post a Comment