Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Brilliant!

In case anyone had any doubt, I wanted to let you all know that Ferrill children... and now grandchildren... are brilliant! They are intelligent beyond belief and extremely gifted.

You know from the previous post that 22-month-old Patrick often gets up in the morning to prepare coffee for his family. You should know that his 26-month-old cousin may be found in the kitchen cooking breakfast for his family!

Don't believe me???

Here's a recent picture from Grandpa's trip to California.



Isaiah fixed one of Grandpa's favorite breakfasts... eggs and grits with toast and jelly! I hear it was yummy! Oh, he was kind enough to let Mommy help out... just a little bit.

I miss those grandchildren who live on the other side of this big country. They are too far away! I am grateful for the technology that allows us to keep up with each other, though. Selfishly, I wish they were here--nearby so we can see them often and participate in their day-to-day lives. In reality, I want them exactly where God wants them. I'll try to be content for now, but if I ever get a phone call saying God's moving them this way, I'll be ecstatic!!!

Lord, I do thank you that you're big enough to take care of my children and grandchildren on both sides of this country. May they all feel the intense love we have for them. May we be available to them no matter what the distance between us. And, Lord, may our hearts always be bound together as we all walk the same path... toward you.

P.S... If you want to consider sending my eldest son and his family this way, it's all right with us. Until then, please help me be content.

Hmmm... the thought did occur to me as I re-read this post (and especially the first paragraph)... our family is studying HUMILITY this week! You will forgive me for my little demonstration of family pride, though... won't you???

3 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

of course he's a genius! He's a Ferrill!

The Ferrill's said...

Amen to Lora Lynn's comment!
:)

Jen in Al said...

another cutie! love the footed sleeper. wish we didn't grow out of those...:) jen