In the spirit of attempting to catch up with my blog posts (not likely, but progress is always good), I wanted to say Happy Birthday to our firstborn. Now, I realize his birthday was over a month ago, but it was none-the-less a significant moment in my life.
While the details of his birth are so clear in my mind, I'm continually amazed how the years have flown. From a tiny 5 lb. 1 oz. bundle of joy and love to an active boy and young man to a loving husband and father to his precious family, I'm so proud of the man he is becoming. Mostly I'm grateful for the fact that his life is built on the Lord.
Too far away... that's where he lives with two of my grandbabies. This grandma is praying that God will lead them to move to our part of the world someday (in the not-too-distant future?). In the meantime, I know they are surrounded by people who love them and who will encourage them along the way, and I really want them to be where God wants them to be.
~~~~~
Lord, continue to pour out your blessings on this son of ours. Lead him along a clear path. May he always yearn for more of You. May He constantly seek the wisdom that only comes from You. Guide Him as he seeks to be a strong leader in his family. Please give him the strength, discernment and creativity required to be a good husband and father. May he be a man of integrity, and may he always seek Your best. I again give his family to You. When my heart yearns to hold them close, Father, may your grace be sufficient for me. And should the time ever be right for them to move closer to all of us, please make that clear to all concerned. Thank You, Lord, for the privilege of parenting this precious young man.
I love you, Timothy!




No comments:
Post a Comment