It's true! Few things (I can't think of any at the moment.) bring more joy to our family than a new baby (or two). They're soft. They're precious. They're sweet. They're a bundle of opportunity and hope for the future!
It is so much fun to watch my children interact with a new little one. Of course, the girls are just little mommies, always wanting to hold a baby and willing to "fix" any needs the baby may have.
It's not just the girls, though. I'm always fascinated to see my guys with a new baby. While the typcial young man in the world may not be drawn to a new life, my boys so enjoy holding a baby. They'll make funny faces to encourage the baby to laugh. They talk to the baby and snuggle.
I especially remember when my older guys were courting. Our youngest was still a baby at that time. I would catch each of the boys just sitting and staring at their baby sister with a faraway look in their eyes. The look said something like, "I sure hope I have one of those of my own some day." Those are special memories for me.
The exciting part is that those young men do now have some of "those" of their own. And they are wonderful daddies.
Babies? Yes, we LOVE 'em here. That's why we're just THRILLED to announce that God is adding another bundle of love and joy to our family... another grandbaby!
~~~~~
We praise you, Father, for your wonderful gifts. Thank you for the blessing of children... and grandchildren!
We are so happy to hear the news of a new addition to our family! May this baby grow strong inside his mommy. May you already be knitting him together in a perfect way, preparing him for his future. May his heart's desire be to love You and serve You with his whole being. And may each of us be faithful to do our part in guiding him or her toward You.




6 comments:
Congratulations!!!! what a joy! what a blessing! Praying for Jodi and this precious new little one...jen in al
Oh Sandy great news...
I loved seeing Micah hold and swing and sway Daniels littlest one at the ball. You have raised up fine young men you need to write a book....
I would love to get our families together sometime...
Congrats again,
Robin
We enjoyed connecting with you again and meeting most of your bunch. It is such a sweet blessing to have another one on the way. If we could just get them closer! God bless and hope to see you again soon.
Okay, it's been a while since I've visited your blog and boy does it look AWESOME, Sandy! GREAT job! I love all the side little decoration inspiration thingies you've got goin' on! Too fun!
And we are over the moon excited for Tim and Jodi and you and Paul as well! We love babies too!!!!!!!!
Oh, how exciting! I am happy for you and your family.
Even though my girls are young (5,4, and one month short of being 3), they, too, are excited by their new brother and want to care for him. It is so special to see that kind of reaction - just like your children.
Great post! I love visiting your blog and reading about your family. It's a great way to keep up on the Ferrill's in Alabama!!
Noelle :)
Post a Comment