Sunday, June 8, 2008

Another Belated Birthday

"It's a girl!" That's what the doctor said those many years ago in the WEE hours of the morning. We'd chosen to be surprised by the sex of this baby. After three boys, we were pretty confident this would be another boy. My response... "Look again! We don't do girls at our house." I'm happy to say the doctor was right. Our precious daughter, once called "a rose among thorns" was born.


She's a wonderful big sister, looked up to and admired by her younger sisters. There have been times when she was chosen over Mommy when it was time to be consoled. Her brothers love her, too, but in a different way.



The cute little curly-headed girl has somehow become a beautiful young woman before my eyes. She loves children (especially babies), and they love her. God has blessed her with many creative talents, and she enjoys sharing the results of her various crafting ventures with others. She's a talented seamstress, eager to glean from others to continually develop her skills. She contributes to the family through her cooking, sewing, gardening and housekeeping. Oh, and her mother is blessed when she hears her daughter playing the piano!


She's my right arm, and she's my friend.



She truly is beautiful, and some day she will make a special young man a lovely bride. Until that day comes, I'll enjoy watching her mature in the Lord and blessing those who know her.


~~~~~


Lord, bless my daughter. She is becoming a beautiful young woman, full of love for You and for those around her. Bless her with discernment, Father. May she be wise. May she always seek You with her whole heart. May her passion be to serve others with Your love. Thank you for this precious girl and the tremendous joy she brings to her family. May her parents be faithful as they continue to guide her along Your path.


Happy Birthday, Hannah!

1 comment:

Just A Family said...

Your family is so precious..

Thanks for your words of encouragement.

I loved being around your kids at the ball and I love getting to know your grandbabies..I laugh when I see a picture of any of your boys because they all look alike.....

love,
Robin