Tuesday, March 18, 2008

World Record Marriage

From msnbc.msn.com...

They don’t have a magic formula to explain the success of their marriage. They just took seriously what they said to each other when they stood at the altar.

Now Clarence and Mayme Vail are going into “Guinness World Records” for being married longer than any other living couple on earth.

Read the story here.

Successful marriages are always an encouragement to me. I'm always eager to learn from others so that my hubby and I can succeed, too. It can still be done!

I especially liked the comment at the end by one of their great-great-grandsons.

~~~~~~~

Father God, thank you for the testimonies of those who've stayed the course... for better or worse. Knowing that a truly successful home and marriage must be based on the strong foundation of the Lord Jesus Christ, may my sweet husband and I have the desire, the commitment and the love to leave a strong legacy of faithfulness for the generations to follow.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Only 55 years to catch them...

I think we'll have no problem exceeding that number of great grand children!

Your adoring husband