
"In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God:
and he did hear my voice out of his temple,
and my cry [did enter] into his ears."
2 Samuel 22:7
Do you cry out in your distress? God does hear.
When I'm facing something really challenging in my life, I know exactly what I ought to do. I should take it to the Lord. I should cry out to Him and seek His wisdom. I should remember that He's totally in control of what's going on in my life. Everything that happens to me is filtered through the hands of a loving God.
So then... why don't I do that??? I suppose it's because I'm human. I tend to fret and try to figure things out and solve it on my own.
My God is bigger than any of my problems. He knows me intimately, and He knows my future. He's all-knowing. He can choose to change my circumstances, or He can choose to give me opportunities to grow into His likeness as I cling to Him through those circumstances... if I allow Him to. As long as I cling to my fears, my desires, my problems, my way of doing things, God will not force me to do things His way. He'll let me stumble around until I finally realize (and remember) how much I really need Him.
That's where I want my starting point to be. I want to turn to God first. I want to trust Him with every area of my life. He's always been faithful to me and my family, so there's no reason to think that's going to change now.
Lord, I desire to live my life in dependence on you. I have no doubt that You know everything there is to know about me and my situations. May I quickly turn to you when doubt and fear confront me. Instead of fretting, may I put my concerns into Your loving hands. Thank you, Father, for your continued faithfulness to me. As I learn to follow You better, may those around me be encouraged to do the same.





4 comments:
What a great perspective. If only we could all have that response as our natural first thought!
Your loving husband
what a great prayer! and I'm so there with you! Happy WFW!
Love your prayer and your sentiments! How very true!! Thank you so much for a great WFW post!
Amen! I'm amazed at how many WFW posts are speaking right to my soul today. Thank you for sharing these thoughts. ;o)
Post a Comment