Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oh Where, Oh Where Has My Little Boy Gone???

It hasn’t been that long.  Not really.  I remember it like it was… yesterday??? 

The doctor said it would be at least another month.  He was wrong.  The day after he said that I woke up in labor.  My first child was born later that day…  all 5 lb. 1 1/2 oz. of him…  and, yes, his hair was red from the beginning.

We were thrilled!  A month before we celebrated our first anniversary God chose to bless us with this tiny bundle… and all the responsibility that goes with parenting.  That was 1980. 

Timothy James Ferrill  with Mommy  5-11-1980

It’s been exciting to watch him grow, to observe God’s hand on his life. 

Timothy fishing - 4 years old (3)

This son of mine was all boy from the beginning.  He loved to be outdoors and exploring.

 Timothy - 5 years old

He did well in his schoolwork, but he’d much prefer to be outside riding his bike or kicking a soccer ball.

 Timothy James Ferrill (10 yrs 5 mos) - Sept 1990 001 

This sweet little boy looks very much an older boy who also spent much time in our home. 

Timothy 2000ish

Even though he was our “guinea pig” as we learned the fine art of parenting, I think he’s survived rather well.

He married a wonderful woman who encourages him to pursue God’s best for his life.  He’s a loving father to three of the most precious children on the planet.

His father and I are proud of this young man.

But I still wonder… where, oh where has my little boy gone???

~~~~~

Lord, we know that all of our children really belong to You.  Thank you for the privilege You’ve given us of borrowing this one for a time.

Bless my son on his birthday today, Lord.  Give him Your wisdom and Your strength as he seeks to lead His family.  May he be totally sold out to You.

1 comment:

Southerner said...

Look at you! I think that photo of him fishing is adorable. Happy Birthday, Timothy. Your family is such a blessing and inspiration. God bless you all, and I am so glad that Timothy has a special family of his own now.