Okay.... so I've been inspired by some folks I love dearly. I do so enjoy reading blogs and keeping up with friends and family. Now I've decided to try it out myself and see if I can do a better job of journaling some of the life that happens around here. I'm not sure just how consistent I can be with all of this, but I'll do my best, and we'll see where it goes.
Right now we're in the midst of the Christmas season. Our goal this year has been to keep the focus in the right place! We've simplified in a lot of areas, and we're including activities every day that bring the focus back to Christ and the tremendous sacrifice He made for us. Some of the daily projects we're using to accomplish that include memorizing the nativity story from Luke 2 as a family, using a paper chain to count down the days until Christmas (with an appropriate Scripture read and discussed with each day's link), a Christmas Unit Study, a traditional advent wreath that we use each Sunday evening, reading Christmas stories from our basket of Christmas books, and an abundance of Christmas carols sung each day. We're really enjoying the traditions. May your primary focus this year also be on the Christ of Christmas.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Let's Get Started
Labels:
Let's Get Started
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Glad to see you've started your own blog! We wish we could be there to enjoy your daily lives, but we'll settle for this. We look forward to readng your entries.
Love,
The CA Ferrill Fam.
Well Well Well! Look who has a blog! Yay Sandy! I look forward to reading your tidbits of wisdom and getting some fresh ideas! Looks GREAT! I love reading about all the different ways yall are celebrating Christmas! Can't wait to celebrate with yall this Saturday!
Love,
Laine
Post a Comment