Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Morning

It's Christmas Morning!

My sweet baby, who's four, had a bad dream last night. She crawled into bed with her parents... on Mommy's side, as usual. Needless to say, Mommy didn't sleep much after she joined us around 4:30 a.m. Now it's just after 6:30. Our darling girl is sleeping soundly while I gave up on sleep. Now I should be making sure everyone's stockings are ready for presentation and trying to discern if I've hidden any of the Christmas gifts too well. It's pretty common for the new year to be approaching when I stumble onto one of my hiding places and discover someone's gift that never was wrapped or given. None of that is happening, though, because there's a precious bundle of joy sleeping in my warm, cozy bed.

She really is a tremendous blessing and joy to our entire family, and her mommy and daddy do think she's growing up just a little too quickly. So I think instead of being frustrated that my agenda isn't on schedule, I'll choose to let that little curly-haired, blue-eyed blond get her nap out. I'm tempted to slip into my room and take a picture of our little sweetheart, but I'd run the risk of waking her. Instead I'll wait patiently for her to wake up. Then she'll greet me with her best sunshine smile and give me a big hug. I can hardly wait!!!

Do you suppose Mary watched Baby Jesus sleeping? Do you think she just sat and marvelled at Him? I think it's pretty likely.

2 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

merry christmas! sounds lovely!

The Ferrill's said...

I know yall's Christmas was very merry! I'm glad you didn't wake up that angel from her sleep!
I love reading about how yall kept your focus on Christ, it is very inspiring!
Love yall,
Laine
P.S. post a pic of the doll house Hannah made, I'm dying to see it!