My precious four year old keeps reminding me it's Christmas Eve. "That means tomorrow is Christmas!"
We've spent the past few weeks in preparation--shopping for the perfect gifts and getting them wrapped, decorating, baking...all the usual stuff. As I mentally go through my list now, we are almost ready... at least physically. Now I wonder if our hearts are ready.
I've so enjoyed watching my children invest themselves in gifts for others this year. They've put a lot of thought into doing for others. That's good. I'm grateful their focus has not been on what they might be getting. They are looking forward to GIVING gifts to family members. I'm thrilled!
But what are we looking forward to??? Are we excited because of presents and good food and the fact that Daddy has a day off? (Those things aren't necessarily bad, by the way.) Or are we excited because it's one more opportunity to focus on the Lord. Are we eagerly anticipating His arrival?
Lord, may our thoughts and hearts be focused on You even now. Please give me creativity as I teach my children to worship you on this special day. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for your perfect demonstration of love through your sacrifice for us. May we be quick to sacrifice our time and our desires to show that kind of love to others as we cheerfully serve them.
Monday, December 24, 2007
Anticipation...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment