Thursday, August 21, 2008

Trying to Get My Ducks in a Row


I'm overwhelmed! I tend to go through that from time to time... LOTS to do and many demands on my time and not even sure what to do next. Currently the biggest issue is decision making. It's not really my strong suit in the first place. I can do a great job at being indecisive. My desk is stacked high with books and papers and supplies relating to school, schedules and calendars, menu planning, grocery shopping, finances, couponing, addresses and phone lists, crafts, photography projects, mail, trip planning and more. Whew! And why does it all seem to need to be done at the same time???>

So I did it again. I was talking on the phone this morning with my dear friend Lora. And before we ended our conversation I did what I've committed to try not to do. I whined. I complained about the challenges of having so much to do, things to decide, and feeling like my brain just won't go there! Grrr! I really don't want to complain... but I do. Being the sweet friend she is, Lora allowed me space to do my whining, and then she pointed me to a piece of encouragement. Ann Voskamp of Holy Experience wrote on the topic What a Mother Must Sacrifice...

Thank you, Lora. I needed that perspective today.
~~~~~
Lord, please forgive me for my grumbling spirit. I have so much to be grateful for. May I walk through life in Your strength and Your wisdom. May all that I do be for Your glory. May even my attitudes be such that You are glorified.

4 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

that was not whining. i asked how you were, what you were up to, you told me. very simple. glad the article was an encouragement. hugs!

The Ferrill's said...

You mean I have to get my ducks in a row? ;)
I will go read that article! Thanks for the inspiration!
We miss our Ferrill cousins...did your pastor tell you we met him at the Publix by our church? It was CRAZY! Of all people, of all places...what a small world! He was so precious and so encouraging...yall are very blessed!

Monica said...

Sandy, Dear,
For some of us it is an encouragement to know we aren't the only ones who feel that way!
We are called to bear one another's burdens, but how can we bear what we are totally unaware of?!?
Love you Friend!
See you soon.
((hugs))

Jen in Al said...

great to talk today! i am going to go read that article. you are great "mama duck"!:) missing you and yours already!:)jen