Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sweet Memories

This is the man I adore. He's the love of my life.

My sweet hubby loves being a family man. His heart's desire is to spend more time with his family, teaching his children and grandchildren things of the Lord, laughing together and just enjoying each other.



He's a godly man and a man of integrity. He can be trusted. As is true of the rest of us, he's always in a learning mode as God teaches him more about life and what it means to trust Him. I'm so glad he's teachable.


He's a faithful employee, seeking to make his employer successful. He goes out of his way to do that. Not only is he tremendously knowledgeable, but he's willing to share his knowledge and insights with others... not in a prideful way but because he's a natural teacher. I'm always amazed at his ability to take the "foreign language" of computers and turn it into something that even I can understand.


I appreciate his spiritual insights. It's a joy to hear him teach from the Word of God, sharing new things the Lord is teaching him.


He's willing to invest in others. Whether it's people within our church, someone at work, or a young man on a soccer team he's coaching, he'll do what he can to meet a need. I LOVE watching him interact with children!


There are many, many things I love and respect about my precious husband. He's my biggest cheerleader when I'm trying to accomplish something. He's always growing in the Lord. I have no doubt that he loves me and our children. He even loves me when I don't deserve to be loved!


I guess what I'm saying is that God has graciously seen fit to allow us to be together as husband and wife for 29 years... as of yesterday. The time seems to have gone so fast. Has it always been easy? Not on your life! Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!


My heart to you is given:

Oh, do give yours to me;

We'll lock them up together,

And throw away the key.

~~Frederick Saunders~~

Thank you, Paul, for your commitment to this marriage. I'm grateful for our friendship and the precious memories we've made and shared through the years. I so look forward to our future together. I love you!

~~~~~

Lord, You have blessed me with many wonderful gifts. One of the greatest is the relationship I share with my husband. I'm grateful that our home is built on a strong spiritual foundation. May we live our lives in such a way that we can model what you intend marriage to be. I know that can happen only as we cling to You.

3 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

happy late anniversary!

Monica said...

Beautiful Tribute, Sandy!
Congratulations on 29 years!!!

Lots of Love

The Ferrill's said...

Happy late anniversary!
What sweet words for a sweet husband!
And your blog looks beautiful!