Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to Two Precious Girls!

(Note: Even though this blog is dated the 27th, the official birthdate is the 28th.)

Nine years. Can it be? Surely not. I can remember it so clearly!

Lydia and Rebekah were born nine years ago today! I remember the circumstances of learning we were having twins... the day we named them... making our announcement to friends... their delivery. I remember so much of it in detail that it really is hard to believe it's been that long. Maybe I'll get around to sharing some of those details someday, but today I just want to say Happy Birthday to two of the most precious young ladies I know.

They may be identical twins, but their personalities are so very different. One is very feminine while the other is very much a tomboy. Yet they love each other dearly. As an older sister to twin brothers, I'd always said I would never pray for twins because I knew it was a LOT of work... but if God chose to give us twins, I'd keep them. And I'm so glad He did because having twins has been a blast!

They were cohorts in crime almost from the beginning. Now they're growing into beautiful young ladies with hearts that love God and their family. I've chosen a few of my favorite digital pictures to share with you...



Special Buddies



Two Cuties!

April 14, 2006 - They Were Baptized by Their Daddy




May 2004 - What Beautiful Smiles!

May 14, 2004 - With Big Sister, Hannah

On the Occasion of Mommy & Daddy's 25th Anniversary Renewal

December 2004 - Let it Snow!




A Favorite Activity - Playing Dress Up




March 2005 - Flower Girls in Daniel's Wedding

October 2005 - First-time Aunts

March 2006 - Adoring Aunties... again!

February 2007 - Seventh Birthday




After a Time of Tea with Friends




They're becoming great helpers around the house!

Best Friends - Walking on the Beach

Oh Lord, You are so very good to us. These beautiful girls You've chosen to place in our family are such special blessings. Thank you, Father, for this Double Blessing. May they continue to grow into the women You want them to be. May they seek after You with their whole hearts. May Your love radiate from their lives. Thank you, Lord, for the privilege of having Lydia and Rebekah as my daughters. May their daddy and I be faithful to train them in Your ways.

5 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

awww. so much fun. happy birthday, ladies!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday girls!
How ever did you choose your favorite pics!?!

Thanks for sharing them with us!
Miss y'all!!!
~Monica

Jen in Al said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! hope you both have a wonderful day! Mrs. Key and Carey

The Ferrill's said...

Happy late birthday girls!
Beautiful pics, Sandy!

Mary said...

They sure are growing up into beautiful young ladies!