You heard right!
It's Pi Day. Go figure. Mathematicians tell us that pi is equal to 3.14159... so we celebrate on 3/14!
Great logic, don't you think???
I must confess that I generally prefer pie over cake, and I like lots of different kinds of pies. When we lived on the West Coast we always knew when it was Pie Month at Marie Callendar's Restaurant and Bakery. That's when you could get some great deals on your favorite pie. And in a larger-than-average family, there were always lots of favorites! Pecan? Dutch Apple? Boston Cream? Chocolate Satin? Blueberry Cream Cheese? Mmmmm... what trouble we could get in.
We usually make our own pies. I'll have to share some recipes in the near future, but I'm interested today in what your favorite is. Do you have a recipe you'd like to share? I'm always eager to try something new... especially when it comes with a great recommendation!
Now that I know it's officially Pi day I guess I should come up with an appropriate plan for a special dessert tonight. Off to scour my recipe books...
Saturday, March 14, 2009
It's Pi Day!!!
Labels:
announcements
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
hi Sandy, thanks for your kinds comment:)
I love your profile description of your family living under the SON.
Just wonderful and refreshing.
Can't w ait to hear a pie recipe or two:)
Post a Comment