It's not uncommon for me to be awakened at sunrise by the sound of a variety of birds in our yard. Some cheerfully tweet while others brightly chirp or whistle or caw loudly. The most unusual sound I hear outside my window reminds me of a squeaky toy that squeaks as you squeeze it and again when you release your grip. It's rather funny.
This past Saturday morning I again awoke to a chorus of the featherly creatures. It had rained much of the night, and it felt like a sleeping-in kind of day. The neighborhood birds didn't seem to share my thoughts on the subject, though. On the contrary, they all seemed rather excited and busy. I did talk myself into getting out of bed and starting my day. One of the first things I often do is get a load of laundry going, so off to the laundry room I headed.
It wasn't long before I heard frantic clicking outside the laundry room window. I carefully peeked between the blinds just enough to see two cardinals quarreling with one another-- whizzing through the azaleas, up into the branches of a nearby oak tree, around the corner of the house, into the dogwood trees... I was intrigued.
Finding my camera, I stealthily moved to the front porch, hoping to sneak some photos of the two cardinals. They were wary of me, but my patience paid off, and I was able to get some decent shots of the two of them.
As I waited for opportunities to photograph the squabbling cardinals I enjoyed photographing plenty of other things as well, including another bird busily building a nest in the tree just in front of our house.
Feel free to enjoy some of my favorites with me...
I need to be so diligent in getting my own "nest" in order.
I'm sure we could hear the different birds with their individual songs of praise... "Praise God! Praise God!" called one from a distant tree. Then another answered, "Hallelujah! Hallelujah!"
~~~~~
"Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord!" Psalm 150:6
Why, Lord, does it seem so much easier to complain? What isn't my first inclination to praise You, even when things aren't going as I would like. You're always in control. You always know best. You've proven Yourself faithful over and over again. I know I can trust You.
Help me, Father, to demonstrate to my children an attitude of gratitude and praise.




1 comment:
Beautiful Sandy.
Thanks!
~Monica
Post a Comment